Skip to main content

Test post

Hello My name is Rachel. I'm in english 121 summer of 2018. My blog is going to be on the topic of teachers and why they are under appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are teachers underappreciated?  This seems to be a big concern those days. I am not a teacher but I think teachers are underappreciated. I have kids in all different kinds of school age groups. I have 1 in elementary, 1 in middle school and 3 in high school. I’m a student! I have loved ones that are teachers! So I feel like my opinion on this topic is a valid one. I can see how hard teachers work for their students. I can also see how they are treated. The underappreciation doesn’t come from one source, in fact it comes from a few different ones. I want to talk about 2 of the main reasons why I don’t think teachers are treated fair. Let’s start with the obvious one. The school districts. I feel like there is work needing to be done within the school districts to improve the way teachers are treated. You want to fix a problem you need to start with the core of it. I will need to do some more research on this source as I don’t work with-in the school district. The 2 nd reaso...

Teachers do more then teach!

The number one reason I am finding that teachers may feel underappreciated, is because they are under paid. Although, teachers don’t do what they do for the money, they do far more than anyone gives the credit for.  Teacher are such a vital part to our journey thought this life. In Chelsea Catlett blog,   blog.ted the big idea: 3 reasons to be kind to educators her number 2 reason to be kind to educators is “2. Educators don’t just teach, they manage a flurry of feelings.” Teacher don’t simply teach, there isn’t anything simple about the art of teaching. They handle a variety of emotional task as well. They are mentors, counselors, parent figures, friends and I’m sure many more influences that I haven’t mentioned. In today’s world mental health has been an increasing issue. I believe teachers play a big positive role in that. They not only teach academic skills but they have somehow come off the radar for what they do for us mentally. From the very start of our education suc...